30 July 2010

Welcome to The Vintage Hosiery Guide!

Hello and Welcome!

This is the beginning of a new avenue in the journey down the road known as a Guide to Vintage Hosiery. The opinions expressed herein are mine, and mine alone.  I bring 50 plus years as a connoisseur of women wearing stockings, whether they be relatives, friends, or lovers, and as a collector of vintage stockings the past 30 years, amassing in the neighbourhood of 2,500 pairs. 

I look forward to having Q&A sessions with some well-known and not so well-known stocking-wearing ladies, learning how they became interested in, or were introduced to wearing vintage stockings. Vintage hosiery includes stockings produced as early as the 1920's when silk stockings were the most popular, to the mid-1960's fully fashioned seamed; reinforced heel & toe; demi-toe; and nude heel & toe nylons.  The VHG is for gartered stockings only. I will attempt to cover hosiery manufacturers, USA and abroad (mainly the UK and Europe).

 There are a few individuals I need to thank for getting me involved with vintage hosiery and for giving me the inspiration to actually sit down and put my thoughts into writing, and they are: all the stocking-wearing ladies of my childhood and formative years; Lisa Norman/@stockingvixen of My Backseam Enterprises ( My Backseam ); and Treacle Tart/The Lingerie Addict/@StockingsAddict; and a few other ladies who have requested to remain anonymous.  I want to thank each and every one of you for your help, assistance and support!!

Stay tuned 'till next time when we'll begin learning how to determine the correct size vintage stockings for you. 

Until then....

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment